List of geotags

The holy spring in the Sharlyk district of the Orenburg region is known for its clean drinking water and an interesting legend about its origin. Located just 7 km south of Sharlyk, next to the road to the village of Aleksandrovka, the spring got its name thanks to a legend according to which lightning struck the stones during a thunderstorm, openin

The Chesnokovsky chalk mountains in the Perevolotsky district of the Orenburg region are hilly terrain, distinguished by the whiteness of real writing chalk, which is exposed here on the surface. These mountains extend for about 5 km from north to west and are estimated to be more than 70 million years old. They are a significant geological feature

The Khrustalny spring in the Pervolotsky district of the Orenburg region is known for its clean drinking water. In 1996, a stone was installed near the spring with the inscription “The Giver Will Not Be Scarce,” which symbolizes the importance of preserving natural resources. The ceremonial opening of the spring took place on September 16, 2022, wh

Mount Medvezhiy Lob (also known as Arapova Mountain) is the highest point of the Volga-Ural interfluve, located on the Obshchiy Syrt hill with an absolute height of 405 meters above sea level. This shihan hill is typical of the pre-Ural syrts and is characterized by various natural features. On the northern slopes of Bear's forehead there are birc

St. George's Rock, also known as the Rock of the Holy Appearance (Ukrainian: Skela of the Holy Apparition), is an above-water rock in the form of a small island located 1.5 km east of the tip of Cape Fiolent and 140 m from the shore of Jasper Beach in the Balaklava region of Sevastopol . This is one of the main tourist spots in the Fiolent area. #

The Genoese fortress Chembalo is located on the territory of Balaklava, a suburb of Sevastopol. In the XV-XVIII centuries, the fortress was under the control of the Ottoman Empire and was called Balaklava. The ensemble of fortifications is located on the top and slopes of Mount Fortress (formerly Kastron). Nowadays it is in a state of ruins and ser

Ylasyn (Falcon) Cave, officially known as Yelasyn, is located in the Ishimbay region and has been a natural monument since 1985. It is located on the right slope of the Utynlygol dry land and covers an area of ​​the protected zone of 100 hectares. The cave was formed in Middle Carboniferous limestones. #### Geographical location and structure The

Retinskoye is an abandoned village located on Cape Retinsky (Retteevsky) in Retinskaya Bay on the northwestern shore of the Kola Bay, opposite the city of Severomorsk. It is located 20 km from Murmansk and 8 km from the village of Belokamenka. The history of this place dates back to the end of the 16th century, when the first owner of the land was

The monument to the pilots and technicians of the Normandie-Neman aviation regiment was erected in Ivanovo in a park located at the intersection of Lezhnevskaya and Letchika Lazarev streets, near school No. 56. The sculptors of the monument were Vladimir and Danila Surovtsev, the architectural design was developed by Vladimir and Oleg Syagin. The m

The zero kilometer in Ivanovo was installed on August 21, 2007 next to the Main Post Office on Lenin Avenue at house No. 17. This symbolic pillar has a square cross-section, is painted in black and white stripes and is decorated with a “0 km” sign. It reminds of the times when kilometers were counted from post offices in Russia. ### History and sy

The Alley of Heroes in the Sharlyk district of the Orenburg region is a symbol of the memory of ten Heroes of the Soviet Union and Russia, as well as three Heroes of Socialist Labor. This memorial complex was opened on May 8, 2011 with the support of Governor Yu. Berg. ### Description of the complex In the center of the composition there is a ste

The Church of the Intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Elani was built in 1809 at the expense of Major General A.V. Urusova. This is a single-altar stone church with a refectory and a bell tower, which has become the center of the spiritual life of the village. The church was in active use until the 1920s, after which the building became a cl

The Tirlyan Wheel, installed in 1915, is a significant historical artifact in the Republic of Bashkortostan. This giant flywheel, used for the rolling mills of a plate mill, has impressive parameters: the rim weighs 74,710 kg, the hubs and spokes weigh 25,710 kg, the shaft weighs 19,580 kg, and the total weight is 120,000 kg. The installation of fl

The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, located in the Pustopolsky churchyard, is an Orthodox church of the Shatura deanery of the Moscow diocese. It is located in the Kurilovo tract, Shatura district, Moscow region, not far from the village of Kurilovo, which no longer exists. ### History of the temple The church on Nikolsky Pogos

The Isheevskaya cave system, also known as the Isheevskaya Cave, is the second longest cave system in Bashkortostan, buried in gypsum. Its total length is 1002 meters, the floor area is 4600 square meters, the volume is 9600 cubic meters, and the depth and amplitude reach 26 meters (data from 1993). The cave is located in the Ishimbay district, on

Victory Park in Cheboksary is an iconic place for many local families and at the same time one of the best viewing platforms in the city. Located at the highest point of the city, the park covers more than 30 hectares and is located on the banks of the Volga in the city center. From here you have a stunning view of the Volga, the Cheboksary Volga r

The distant Arbekovsky spring is located in the Arbekovsky forest, behind a residential area, and is a popular place among residents of Penza. This improved source of clean drinking water attracts both locals and visiting cyclists. For the convenience of visitors, there are benches, an iron fence and wooden platforms for approaching the spring. The

Penza Art School named after K. A. Savitsky is one of the oldest art secondary specialized educational institutions in Russia, located in Penza on Bogdanova Street, 1. It trains specialists in the field of painting, sculpture, graphics, restoration, design and theatrical scenery. ### Story The school was founded in 1890 with funds bequeathed by Li

Mount Rainier is a stratovolcano located in Pierce County, Washington, United States. It is the highest point in the Cascade Mountains (4,392 m) and the highest volcano in the contiguous United States, excluding Alaska. The volcano was named after British Admiral Peter Rainier. The area of ​​the surrounding territory, which has the status of Mount

Mount Rainier National Park is a United States national park located in southeastern Pierce County and northwestern Lewis County in Washington State. The park covers an area of ​​953.5 km² and its dominant feature is the stratovolcano Rainier, which has an elevation of 4,392 m. The volcano rises sharply above its surrounding areas, creating a drama

Geotags 1114